Newport Surf Life Saving Club will be open for the community to come down and have a look at what we do on Sunday, 15th October. If you and your family are interested in seeing what our club does and what we have to offer, come down and have a look. We will be open all day!
Want to be a part of Surf Life Saving? Our members don’t just patrol the beach, our surf club has a role for everyone and plays a much bigger part in the local community than you might think.
There are dozens of roles that you can take on which will see you making a difference to the safety of our beaches and make you feel part of the Surf Life Saving family. See examples of roles below:
- putting on the red and yellow and patrolling the beach;
- helping train up our Nippers into Lifesavers;
- officiating at sport events;
- training up your fellow members;
- supporting the governance of the Club;
- fundraising or running the barbeque;
- jumping onto the radio to aid in communications;
- running social events for members;
- undertaking skilled project work within the club; or
- filling one of the other dozens of roles available within Surf Life Saving.
We will host a range of activities, including lifesaving demonstrations and “After 5s” drinks in the bar.
Information on how to join will also be available on the day.