We are pleased to announce that Newport SLSC are seeking nominations for the new Management Committee and Junior Activities Committee to take office and serve until July 2021. Please consider contributing your time and energy to making Newport SLSC even better in the upcoming years by nominating for a position. A sign of a strong and sustainable club is having numerous members keen to run and serve on the Management Committee and the Junior Activities (Nippers) Committee. Many thanks in advance to all who consider running for a position.
Procedure and Time Frame of the Election
The nomination process of candidates for election as Office Bearers on the Management Committee and the Junior Activities Committee is as follows:
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions we have moved our nomination board online.
- If you would like to join the Management or Junior Activities Committee, please ask two members to nominate you by completing this form.
- Nominations will close seven (7) days prior to the Annual General Meeting (19 July 2020).
- A updated list of nominees will appear on the home page of our website every Sunday between 28 June and 19 July.
- If the number of nominations received exceeds the number of vacancies to be filled, a ballot will be held. Only financial members of the Club, who hold the Bronze Medallion award issued by SLSA, plus all Life Members, shall be entitled to vote at any General Meeting of members of the Club, whether an Annual General Meeting or otherwise.