The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to manage emergency first aid situations until professional medical support is available. This course is recognised by WorkCover NSW.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive the SLSA Senior First Aid Certificate and a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency:
- HLTFA301B Apply first aid
- PUAEME001B Provide emergency care
- PUAEME002C Manage injuries at emergency incident
- The principals of first aid
- Managing emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Treatment of infection, shock, fractures, bleeding and burns
- Emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess heat or cold
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning and envenomation
Participants must be a minimum of 15 years of age on the date of final assessment.
The duration of the course is approximately 15 hours plus assessment time.
To ensure your first aid skills and knowledge remain current, re-certification must occur within 3 years of the date of the final assessment.
The CPR component should be updated every twelve months (one year) from the date of assessment in order to maintain skills currency.
Assessment is through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Participants will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
For any more information please contact the Chief Instructor.