Begin to develop a high level of skill through training for your Surf Life Saving Bronze Medallion. The Bronze Medallion is the core award for active surf lifesavers.
Training sessions are designed to ‘test’ a person’s competency in a variety of areas. The training provided is to the highest standard using both practical and theoretical components.
All skills taught in this course combine to help the candidate become an essential member of the surf life-saving team.
You must be 15 years and over on the date of the dry assessment to qualify for the award.
Provides participants with the knowledge of basic patrolling and surf awareness in order to be able to participate in lifesaving operations. The course runs over a period of approximately 8 weeks and includes two sessions per week, one on Thursday and one on a Sunday.
If you are interested in participating in one of the courses listed below, please contact the [email protected].
- Bronze Medallion (short course, during school holidays): Start Monday, 8 October till Friday, 12 October | Assessment on Thursday night and Saturday morning, 13 October
- Main Bronze courses:
- Start Thursday, 18 October | Assessment Thursday, 13 December and Saturday, 15 December
- Start Thursday, 7 February | Assessment Thursday, 11 April and Saturday, 13 April
Session Dates & Times
10:45am to 1:00pm
Newport Beach SLSC
6:00pm to 9pm
Newport Beach SLSC
- Every Thursday/Sunday following for the next 8 to 10 weeks until the wet assessment.
- Due to limited resources, there is a maximum number of participants that will be accepted.
Age minimum 15 years at the time of dry assessment. All participants must be able to complete a timed 400-metre pool swim within 9 minutes prior to starting the bronze course and will be completed during the first session.
To view costs and join, view our membership page »
Course Details & Curriculum
Contact: Guyren Smith Chief Instructor Newport SLSC