The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills, knowledge and experience to manage a beach in emergency and non-emergency situations.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive the SLSA Silver Medallion Basic Beach Management award.
- Responsibilities and Duties of a Lifesaver
- Regulations at your beach
- Managing your beach and the public
- Media Management
- Liaising with other organisations
- Risk Management
- Search and Rescue
- Patrol Methods
- Rescue Scenarios
Participants must be a minimum of 17 years of age on the date of final assessment.
Participants must meet the following SLSA requirements:
- SLSA Bronze Medallion/Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue) (not proficient ok)
- And proficient in one of the following:
- Bronze Medallion/Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
- Radio Operator Certificate
- Advanced Resuscitation Certificate
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques
- Senior First Aid
- Defibrillation Certificate
- Spinal Management
The duration of the course is dependant on prior learning.
Assessment is through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Participants will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
For any more information please contact the Chief Instructor