Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive the SLSA Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate and a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency:
- HLTFA404A Apply advanced resuscitation techniques
- PUAEME003C Administer oxygen in an emergency situation
- PUAOPE010B Operate a semi automatic defibrillator in an emergency
- Assess the casualty and develop a management plan
- Check resuscitation equipment
- Maintain an airway by: using suction and using oropharyngeal airways (OP airways)
- Resuscitate a casualty using oxygen
- Use oxygen to provide therapy
- Recover and restore oxygen equipment
- Check defibrillation equipment
- Attach and operate a defibrillator
- Recover and restore defibrillation equipment
- Participants must be a minimum of 15 years of age on the date of final assessment.
- Participants must hold the following units of competency:
- PUAEME001B Provide emergency care AND one of the following:
- HLTFA301B Apply first aid
- HLTCPR201A Perform CPR
- HLTFA201A Provide basic emergency life support
- Participants must meet the following SLSA requirements:
- Hold a current SLSA Bronze Medallion OR
- Hold a current Basic Emergency Care Certificate OR
- Hold a current Senior First Aid Certificate
The duration of the course is approximately 9 ½ hours. To ensure your skills and knowledge remain current, re-certification must occur annually from the date of the final assessment.
Assessment is through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Participants will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
For any more information please contact the Chief Instructor.