The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to manage multifaceted emergency situations in an advanced manner.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive the SLSA Silver Medallion Advanced Emergency Care award.
- Priority management
- Identifying strategies
- Prioritising, identifying and selecting strategies
- Problem solving, planning, choosing strategies
- Scenarios (casualty simulation)
- Maintaining effective communication
- Participants must be a minimum of 17 years of age on the date of final assessment.
- Participants must hold one of the following units of competency:
- HLTCPR201A Perform CPR
- HLTFA201A Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTFA301B Apply first aid
- Participants must meet the following SLSA requirements:
- Hold a current Senior First Aid Certificate (CPR component must have been updated within last 12 months)
- Spinal Management AND
- Advanced Resuscitation Certificate and Defibrillation Certificate OR
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques
The duration of the course is approximately 6 hours. To ensure your skills and knowledge remain current, the currency of all pre-requisite awards must be maintained by completing all required updates.
Assessment is through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Participants will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
For any more information please contact the Chief Instructor.